Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragment #21



#21
Remember my beauty when I was young
You were as if by a bee strongly stung
I need no pity, let the garlands be hung
                                      Trembling I behold

Let the festive spirit come forth hither
My silken flesh by now old age withered
Flower spreads are my covers, hand me my zither
                                      Flies in pursuit, bold

Dancing in trances, frolicking in merriment
Wildly chanting, every noble comes out of her tent
Golden goblets of wine taking, a jovial event
                                      Sing to us, mysteries unfold

I was the one with violets in her lap

You were mostly trying hard to unwrap
My gown goes astray, my headpiece, my strap
                                      Silently you appear in gold





No comments:

Post a Comment