Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragment #3

#3
I have only love to give thee, my sweet
As I come ashore yet of the glorious fleet
Hope of the beautiful and good, you retreat
                   Full of, alas, pain me you defeat

I am solely to blame for any misconceptions
Swelled and swollen with dastardly deceptions
You take your fill, for my thinking, no exceptions
                   Not thus, no stately receptions

My beloved, it is arranged to have you feted
Neither are you felicitous nor are you elated
All night long, I am aware, I have waited
                   Of evildoing, this is unrelated

Will you listen to my other suffering tales
What’s on their minds, what are their ails
These are the blessed ones, weigh the scales
                   Hark, see my willowy sails





















No comments:

Post a Comment