Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragment #71

#71
I care for you, Mika, dearest companion
But I will not allow you to ruin yourself
Because you chose the love of Penthelids
          Those evil turning ones

Will make you suffer, some sweet song
I will render in honey voice and clear
Caught by the piercing breezes that blow
          We are wet with dew

The son of Orestes founded this clan
And while the one you love is fair
He and his family are too caught up
          In the political intrigues

To allow you to lead a peaceful life
To bear children who do not fear
Exile or worst, murder, try to find
          Another that you love

Far from the political sphere, I sing
Of love and harmony, that’s what
I want for you, please do listen to me
          Please do abide









No comments:

Post a Comment