Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragment #58

#58
Mortality weighs heavy on my heart
I must find my love before you depart
Full of colorful flowers is my garden cart
                   I search, I search

I can’t bear the burden of him running away
As I finger this vessel bitten with acid in the clay
What will lift these doubts, what will allay
                   As I stagger, lurch

Melancholy the music you in yonder days did flow
Your flute makes a way with the mouth slow
Bring the beautiful gifts, children bestow
                   Song-delighting, clear-sounding lyre

I play, though all my skin old age already has wrinkled
My hair turned white after black it always twinkled
My legs and my knees do not carry me fast in this sprinkle
                   An old doe, not like fawns near

Age has taken its toll but what could I do
O Aphrodite, it is not possible to become young and new
But I can still at dawn with arms of roses of every hue
                   Bringing to the ends of the earth

I love him and am yet seized with desire
I am his rightful wife flaming on fire
My mind still imagines heady nights, to this I aspire
                   Love I might bestow, and mirth

But I love delicacy, gracefulness and fathomless fun

You gave me all of this, and this to me sparing me none

You still give the brilliance and beauty of the sun

Desire has allotted to few

Grant me another time with him, fight with me to accomplish
My desire, my cravings, my loves, they never will diminish
Be with me till the crowning and ultimate finish
                   Where love springs eternally new










No comments:

Post a Comment