Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragment #88

#88
O Phaon, my eternal love, I’m yours
In Mytilene who we two were born or upon
The sky blue seas, wherever you may be

I swear, in front of Zeus, I declare
My love toward the heavens shine
Nothing can loosen these ties that bind

I knew you would be willing to be mine
Not a slight love but grandiose and divine
I am ready to be carried away, beloved

Did you hear someone say I was free
Not me, not true, who can love more sweetly
Than you, and you yourself know what I say

Was it you who forgot to bring me flowers
You who didn’t bring me Aphrodite’s sacred honey
I know full well someone will say you don’t care

You hurt me and yes I am only mortal
But I shall love thee as long as there is in me
A breath to breathe, you will be a care of mine

Truthfully, I say I have been a strong lover
Believing in you in times when all hope was gone
In my painful odyssey, I never gave up on you

I have shed bitter tears over you and your actions
You running away and leaving me, but you come back
To me and know this, I shall always be here for you



I will do whatever you want me to do
You know I shall love you forever
My body trembles at the thought of you

A new dawn for us to embark on another excursion
I have no need of weapons in Eros’ arsenal
Secure am I, aware of your undying commitment








No comments:

Post a Comment